Thank you for your support
I look forward to continuing to work on the priorities important to Ward 5. My focus for the next four years will be:
- Continuing to make our roads a top priority;
- Working on strategies to increase safety on our roads;
- Working with my municipal/provincial counterparts in trying to have Ward 5 residents with Hydro One moved to Hydro Ottawa;
- Staying on top of Carp Landfill concerns;
- Focusing on the Kanata North Community Design Plan to ensure proper growth along March Rd.;
- Advocating for increased economic development;
- Continuing my work with the expansion of the Constance Bay Community Centre; and
- Enhancing my resident communications through social media, newspaper columns, e-newsletters, community outreach, and more.
I will also be continuing with additional work which warrants more attention. I will be enhancing my community outreach by continuing to hold Town Hall Meetings in order to better engage with residents in a face-to-face setting. I will also focus on our seniors and youth and will strive to find more ways to provide services to them while also keeping them active and engaged.
I am eager to continue my work with and for you. Let’s work together to make this next four years my best term yet!
With such a large ward to represent I try very hard to make sure that all residents stay informed.
I send out a monthly e-newsletter on the third Tuesday of every month. It informs residents of happenings in the community as well as any city-wide issues of importance. The next edition will be published on Tuesday, November 18. If you have not already signed up, please do so by going to www.eliel-chantiry.ca.
I will also be continuing my Councillor Column in this newspaper. Look for it every week. It will include the latest information on important topics to the residents of West Carleton-March.
Another great way to stay informed is by following me on Twitter at @Eli_ElChantiry and ‘friending’ me on Facebook. You may also visit my website (www.eliel-chantiry.ca), which is updated regularly.