New web-tool to help find out “Where Is My Plow?”
There is a new tool available this winter that will help residents know when a plow will clear their snow-covered residential street. Called “Where Is My Plow,” the web tool allows residents to enter their home address and find the estimated time when their residential street will be plowed during a major storm. Times are estimated using real-time GPS information from the snow plow fleet. The tool will work on any phone, mobile device, laptop or desktop computer. It provides timelines for residential streets only, and doesn’t provide information for arterial roads, collector roads or sidewalks.
TransCanada Energy East Pipeline: Safety & Emergency Response Information Day
Residents are invited to learn about pipeline safety and emergency management at the TransCanada's Information Session on safety and emergency response regarding the Energy East Pipeline. TransCanada technical experts will be onsite to answer questions about: pipeline integrity and safety, emergency response preparedness, shut-off valves, in-line inspection tools, safety in the construction and operation of the pipeline and facilities, our monitoring systems (control centre room) and emergency control centre. These events will also feature interactive demonstrations and activities for children. Light snacks and refreshments will be served. It’s taking place at the Carp Agricultural Hall on December 9 from 4-8pm. For more information on the Energy East Pipeline visit www.energyeastpipeline.com.
I do my best to keep residents informed on the latest and greatest news and happenings in the Ward and at City Hall. I’ve listed below same of the ways I stay engaged with the community:
- My monthly e-newsletter is sent out on the 3rd Tuesday of every month. Sign up here: www.eliel-chantiry.ca/monthly-newsletters
- My Facebook page is updated daily with relevant ward and City information. “Like” it at www.facebook.com/Ward5Ottawa
- My Twitter account is another great way to stay informed. Follow me at @Eli_ElChantiry
- My website, www.eliel-chantiry.ca, is updated regularly and all of my weekly newspaper columns are archived there. There’s also a Ward Events calendar.
- I’m also just a phone call or email away. Feel free to contact me anytime at 613-580-2475 or firstname.lastname@example.org.