Ward 5 culvert replacements
Beginning in late July, the City will be replacing nine small culverts in Ward 5 as follows:
- Kinburn Side Road culvert 0.7 km from Timmins Road to Dominion Springs Road
- Dunrobin Road culvert 0.62 km from Constance Bay Road to Kilmaurs Side Road
- Dunrobin Road culvert 0.24 km from Kilmaurs Side Road to Constance Bay Road
- Donald B. Munro Drive culvert 0.35 km from March Road to Carp Road
- Weatherly Drive culvert 0.47 km from Maley Lane to Second Line Road
- Barlow Crescent culverts 1.3 km North of Thomas A. Dolan Parkway
- Spruce Ridge Road culverts 0.58km South of McGee Side Road
To minimize the impact on traffic, there will be road closures and signed detours. Construction will conclude in November 2015.
20th Annual Mid-Summer Herbfest
The Herb Garden, at 3840 Old Almonte Road, is holding their 20th Annual Mid-Summer Herbfest on Sunday, July 26 from 9am to 5pm. This will be the last year for this event, so make sure to attend and enjoy!
The event will feature live music, dance performances, herb growing demonstrations, kids activities, herb walks and more. As well, there will be great local food vendors and ABC Brewery beer. As well, there will be over 80 local artisan vendors. Visit www.herbfest.ca for more information and directions.
My office has received inquiries from residents regarding wild parsnip. This plant is a significant concern for the City and staff have been working on the best strategy for controlling this invasive and noxious weed.
The Public Works Department has a strategy in place for 2015 and they have completed approximately 260km of roadside spraying city-wide in areas highly infested based on observations from 2014. They are now finishing the same exercise for 2015 and will be scheduling some additional roadside spraying based on those observations and an environmental analysis. Once additional areas for spraying have been confirmed, residents with property adjacent to the roadsides being sprayed will be notified and signage posted in advance.
Crews are currently cutting rural roadsides and will be directed to do some cutting in areas that can be easily accessed by mowing equipment.