Official Plan Amendment Update
A proposed comprehensive draft Official Plan amendment will address three matters that the Ontario Municipal Board (OMB) requires the City to complete, prior to the OMB’s consideration of Official Plan Amendment 150 (OPA 150). The proposed amendment addresses three matters:
- Agricultural Land: Proposed changes result from an update to the Land Evaluation and Area Review (LEAR) system and recommend changes to the Agricultural Resource Area designation in some areas, along with updates to the terminology of the Official Plan to reflect the changes in the 2014 Provincial Policy Statement.
- Growth Projections: Proposed changes will extend the timeframe of the Official Plan from 2031 to 2036. This change results in new projections for future population, households and employment, text changes to the plan and an assessment of the supply and demand of land to meet anticipated housing demand.
- Employment Lands: Proposed changes include the conversion of excess urban employment lands to non-employment designations, the re-designation of Enterprise Areas, a new Rural Employment Area designation and amended policies and land use permissions.
A drop-in session and public open house are taking place on Monday, November 14 as follows:
- Drop-in 2-4pm, Ben Franklin Place, 101 Centrepointe Drive, Room 1C - Agricultural Land and LEAR only
- Open house 6-9pm, Ben Franklin Place, Former Council Chambers - Presentation at 7pm Agricultural Land, LEAR, Employment Lands and Growth Projections
There will also be a public meeting at the City’s Planning Committee on December 13, 2016, 9:30am, Champlain Room, Heritage Building, 2nd Floor, Ottawa City Hall. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit ottawa.ca.
Launch of Community Service Centres in Fitzroy & Constance Bay
Western Ottawa Community Resource Centre is launching two community service centres next week and residents are invited to attend:
- November 15 in Fitzroy Harbour: 2-6pm, 184 Jack Lougheed Way (formerly Carleton St.)
- November 17 in Constance Bay: 2-6pm, 262 Len Purcell Dr.
Flu shot clinics will be running during both launch events!
The centres will offer older adults and adults with physical disabilities a variety of services in order to help them remain living independently in their communities. For more information, call 613-591-3686 ext. 3 or email email@example.com.