Health priorities for West Carleton-March seniors & caregivers
The Western Ottawa Community Resource Centre is hosting a series of sessions to discuss health priorities for West Carleton-March seniors and caregivers, as follows:
- March 2, 7-9pm: Bethel-St. Andrew’s United Church, 184 Carleton St., Fitzroy Harbour
- March 12, 1-4pm: West Carleton Community Complex, 5670 Carp Rd., Kinburn
- April 16, timing TBD: St. James Anglican Church, 3774 Carp Rd., Carp
Sessions are free to attend but seating is limited. Coffee, tea and a light snack will be provided. Transportation may be available. For more information and to register, contact Julie McKercher at 613-591-3686 x498 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Carp Library closing temporarily
The Carp branch of the Ottawa Public Library will be closed temporarily from Monday, February 29 to Thursday, March 10 to receive improvements. The book drop will still be available during the closure. The nearest alternate service location is the Beaverbrook branch at 2500 Campeau.
2016 Summer Student Employment Program
Attention summer students! Get your resumes in now for the 2016 Summer Student Employment Program with the City of Ottawa. Applications are being accepted online until February 29, 2016. To be eligible, students must satisfy the following criteria:
- be legally entitled to work in Canada
- be 16 years of age or older by the first day of summer employment
- be enrolled in a secondary or post-secondary program or institution of higher learning on a full-time basis, returning to school or graduating that same year
- if a part-time student in university or college, the student’s transcript must indicate that the course of study is leading to a degree or diploma
Please visit ottawa.ca to review the many job opportunities available. Students should apply online to all of the competitions they are interested in and qualified for. For individuals who do not have access to a personal computer and wish to apply, they are encouraged to use computers available at all Client Service Centres, library branches and community centres. For inquiries contact the HR Service Centre 613-580-2424 x47411.
Please note that my office cannot accept resumes and submit on a student’s behalf. Applications must be submitted online and follow the established process on ottawa.ca.
Good luck to all that apply!