March 10, 2016

Apply now for a City environmental grant

The City is seeking proposals from non-profit organizations interested in enhancing and improving our shared environment.

Through the Community Environmental Projects Grant Program (CEPGP), the City continues to support neighbourhoods and city-wide environmental stewardship projects, specifically projects that aim to improve stormwater management, enhance and protect natural areas and reduce overall environmental impact.

Since the program launched in 1995, CEPGP funding has supported a wide range of environmental projects, including efforts to remove invasive species, add interpretive signage to hiking trails, organize walkability forums, monitor local ponds and raise environmental awareness.

The CEPGP application deadline is Wednesday, June 1 at 4pm. Visit for details about the program, eligibility criteria and an online application form.

Interim property tax bill due on March 17

Property owners are reminded that the interim property tax bill, which was mailed out during the last week of February, is due on Thursday, March 17. You can view, print and pay your property tax bill by visiting and selecting the My ServiceOttawa tab to register your tax account. You can also pay your property tax bill through your financial institution, by sending a cheque to the City of Ottawa or at any City of Ottawa Client Service Centre during regular hours of operation

If you have not yet received your bill, please call the City’s Revenue Branch at 613-580-2444. Additional information about your interim property tax bill is available online at

Freeze-thaw weather may result in potholes

A sure sign of spring, but not necessarily a welcome one, is the emergence of potholes on our streets.

Potholes are a result of the freeze-thaw weather cycles that cause our road surfaces to deteriorate. During the thaw, water seeps into the crevices of the road. Fluctuations in temperature, vibrations and traffic volumes all create stress on the asphalt road surface, which causes potholes.

If you see a pothole that needs to be filled on a City street please make a service request through or call 3-1-1.