Save the date: Public meeting with the Hydro One Ombudsman
Do you have questions or concerns about your Hydro One bill? Then please mark Friday, June 10 on your calendar and join me as I host the Hydro One Ombudsman at a public meeting for West Carleton-March residents.
Fiona Crean, the newly appointed Ombudsman, will be our special guest for the evening and will be answering questions from residents and addressing their concerns. The meeting is taking place at the Kinburn Community Centre (3045 Kinburn Side Rd) from 5:00-7:30pm.
I will provide this information again in a future column closer to the date to remind residents of this worthwhile opportunity to address Ms. Crean directly.
2016 West Rural Road Upgrade and Pavement Preservation
I would like to let residents know there will be rural road upgrades and pavement preservation work starting soon in West Carleton-March. The work is set to commence in the next couple of weeks and should be completed in the fall 2016. The roads that will be receiving work are:
- Len Purcell Drive (Bayview Road west to Fireside Drive)
- Loggers Way (Galetta Side Road to Mississippi Drive)
- Spruce Ridge Road (Speedway Road to Richardson Side Road)
- Howie Road (Old Almonte Road to March Road)
- Golden Line Road (Hamilton Side Road to 760m north of Old Almonte Road)
- Old Carp Road (March Road to Old Second Line Road)
- Carp Road (Richardson Side Road to Hwy 417)
- Topol Lane
- Wagon Drive (south leg)
- Farm Lane (Crofters Grove to Armitage)
- Crofters Grove (Wagon Drive to Farm Lane)
Public Open House: Kinburn Side Rd. Sewer & Road Reconstruction
The City of Ottawa will be hosting a public open house concerning the Kinburn Side Road storm sewer and road reconstruction project. It is taking place at the Kinburn Community Centre (3045 Kinburn Side Road) on Tuesday, May 17 from 6-8pm.
Infrastructure staff will present the plans to modify the storm sewer system in the Village of Kinburn in preparation for the construction of sidewalks and the subsequent resurfacing of Kinburn Side Road between the bridge at the Carp River to the east and Donald B Munro to the west of the Village.