Hydro One to complete brush removal work
Hydro One Forestry will be performing transmission line clearing and brush removal work through West Carleton-March beginning January 2017 and continuing through the year in stages. The work will consist of tree trimming, removal of dead, leaning or dangerous trees as well as those encroaching upon the line. Non-compatible brush beneath the line will be sprayed standing or cut and the stumps sprayed with Garlon RTU (PCP Registration # 29334) which is a federally and provincially approved herbicide. Questions or concerns should be directed to Hydro One directly.
Rebuild of City’s website
In late December, the City launched a rebuild of ottawa.ca, the purpose of which is to improve the user experience and ensure accessibility compliance. The new design is based on industry best practices and includes a new search tool which allows users to filter information according to various categories rather than browsing from page to page.
New OC Transpo fares
New and simplified OC Transpo fares went into effect on January 1, 2017. The fare changes may affect Ward 5 residents using this service as follows:
- All routes will require regular fare only.
- Express fares will no longer be charged and a unified monthly pass will replace the separate regular and express passes.
- Cash fare is reduced and single-ride fares are adjusted so that cash and e-purse prices are more closely aligned.
- A new youth pass for those aged six to 19 will replace the student monthly pass.
- No top ups will be required on Para Transpo, including for community pass holders who are Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) recipients.
- A new access pass will be available to Para Transpo registrants who are not ODSP recipients. The access pass will be the same price as the community pass and provides unlimited travel on conventional service and a one-third discount from the single-ride fare for trips on Para Transpo.
If you are a Presto user and normally purchase (or auto-renew) an express pass for January, you must switch to a regular pass online at prestocard.ca, or in person at an OC Transpo Customer Service Centre. If you use auto-renew your contract will be cancelled and you must create a new one with a regular pass. For detailed information call OC Transpo at 613-741-4390.