Temporary road closure – Old Coach Road culvert replacement
Old Coach Road, between Diamondview Road and Donald B. Munro is currently closed in order to complete culvert replacement work. Accessibility is an important consideration and the City will make every effort to provide access through and around the construction site. The closure will be remain in place until November 5, weather permitting.
Get your flu shot
Protect yourself and your family from the flu this winter. There are some convenient locations in Ward 5 where you can your flu shot:
- Ottawa Public Health is holding a flu shot clinic on Thursday, November 2, from 3:30pm-6:30pm at the West Carleton Community Complex, 5670 Carp Road.
- Constance Bay Pharmacy (131 Constance Bay Rd.) is offering flu vaccines to residents free of charge with a valid OHIP card. No appointment is required. Shots available seven days a week.
- Ottawa Community Resource Centre has partnered with West Carleton Family Health Team to offer two flu shot clinics:
- November 6, 2-6pm, Constance Bay Community Centre, 262 Len Purcell Drive
- November 7, 2-6pm, Bethel-St. Andrews United Church, 184 Jack Lougheed Way
Urban Design Awards recognizes the West Carleton War Memorial
The City of Ottawa recognized the best of the best at its Urban Design Awards. The awards celebrate projects that achieve urban design excellence. This year, one of the worthy award winners was the West Carleton War Memorial, which received the Award of Merit. Congratulations to all of the people and organizations that worked tirelessly to bringing this project to life.
Located in the Village of Carp, the War Memorial is a poignant site honouring those from West Carleton-March who have died serving our country. One of the unique and most touching features of the Memorial is that it has been configured in such a way that every November 11 at 11am the sun falls directly on the list of names etched on the memorial plaque.
Rural Ontario Leaders Awards
The Rural Ontario Leaders Awards recognizes outstanding leaders that help make rural Ontario a great place to live, work and play. Submit a nomination today if you or someone you know demonstrates strong leadership that supports rural economic development. Categories include individual, youth, community, business and not-for-profit. Nomination deadline is November 15, 2017. For more information go to ontario.ca/RuralLeaders.