Early birds can register for Cleaning the Capital
The annual Cleaning the Capital campaign takes place from April 15 to May 15 and early-bird registration begins March 15. Registration is quick and easy. Go to www.ottawa.ca/clean, or call 3-1-1 (TTY: 613-580-2401) to register and then select a location such as a park, ravine, shoreline, bus stop, pathway or any public area that requires litter pickup, graffiti removal or cleanup.
Volunteers who register their cleanup project by April 14 have a chance to win an early bird prize. Volunteers who submit a final cleanup report by May 31 will be eligible for more prizes.
This is a great opportunity for families and friends to work together to help make Ottawa clean, green, graffiti-free and litter-free. Cleaning the Capital is also an excellent way for high school students to earn their community volunteer hours.
Rural Association Partnership Program – Apply Now for Funding
If you are an Ottawa organization operating a rural fair, a farmers’ market or a rural business organization such as Chamber of Commerce and Business Improvement Areas, you may be eligible for funding of up to $7,500 through the City of Ottawa’s Rural Association Partnership Program (RAPP). The first round of RAPP funding is now available with applications being accepted until Friday, April 14, 2017 at 4 pm. The objectives of the RAPP are:
- To provide project based funding that supports the main priorities for rural organizations.
- To contribute to the City’s rural economic health by supporting projects that will assist Ottawa’s rural business organizations, fairs and farmers markets achieve sustainability and capitalize on the proximity to Ottawa’s large urban market.
- To assist in promoting Ottawa’s rural identity.
- To provide economic benefits to small and medium sized enterprises in Ottawa’s rural communities.
- Assist rural communities to overcome the business development challenges associated with smaller local population base.
- To increase the capacity for rural communities to provide a quality visitor experience.
Guidelines and application forms can be found on ottawa.ca. Prospective RAPP applicants are encouraged to contact the Rural Affairs Office at email@example.com or 613-580-2424 ext. 27815 to discuss their proposal prior to submitting an application.
Happy St. Patrick’s Day
If you’re out celebrating the Luck O’ the Irish on March 17, please drink responsibly and do not drink and drive!