Column: March 23, 2017

Community Environmental Projects Grant Program

Are you looking for an opportunity to put your environmental ideas into action? The City of Ottawa is now accepting applications for the 2017 Community Environmental Projects Grant Program (CEPGP).  For details on funding eligibility criteria, profiles of past projects, the application process and an online application, please visit or contact Jen Brown at 613-580-2424 ext. 27914. The deadline to submit an application is March 31.

New Grants Available through the Ottawa Rural Clean Water Program

The Ottawa Rural Clean Water Program (ORCWP) provides funding for projects that protect surface water and groundwater quality. Landowners completing projects in 2017 may be eligible for grants of up to $15,000 depending on the project they are undertaking. The next application deadline is May 1, 2017.

Grants are available for 18 kinds of projects related to nutrient management, soil protection, water management, land stewardship, and education and innovation.

Farmers from rural and urban Ottawa along with landowners within rural Ottawa are eligible to apply. Approved applicants must complete a 3rd or 4th Edition Environmental Farm Plan (farm projects), or Healthy Home Guidebook (non-farm projects). Canadian Organic Certification is also accepted for some farm projects. Non-profit organizations can apply for education and innovation projects.

Applications will be accepted through the LandOwner Resource Centre, which works in partnership with the Mississippi Valley, Rideau Valley, and South Nation Conservation Authorities and the City of Ottawa.  

Contact the LandOwner Resource Centre at 613-692-3571 or toll free at 1-800-267-3504 ext. 1136. Visit to see a full list of eligible projects and to download an application form.

Committee of Adjustment applications available online

The Committee of Adjustment holds regular public hearings to consider the applications that fall within its mandate, such as Minor Variances and Consents to Sever. The meetings are open to the public and any interested party can appear before the Committee to present their views in support of or in opposition to an application. Public hearings are held in the Council Chambers at Ben Franklin Place, 101 Centrepointe Drive.

For more information on presenting to the Committee of Adjustment or attending a hearing, or to find out about the applications under review please visit: (Public Hearings Tab). Rural applications can be viewed by selecting the Panel 3 link.