My communications game plan
With this being my last column to be delivered to your doorstep, I thought it important to provide you with my communications game plan going forward. Please note that the strategy noted below may change over the coming months as I get feedback from staff and the community on the best ways to notify residents of important ward and city news.
I will be continuing my weekly column after the paper closes, but will only be publishing it via my website and social media accounts. This means there will be no hard copy delivery in your mail each week. I looked into doing mail outs to residents, but the cost is prohibitive.
I know there is a segment of the West Carleton community that appreciates having the physical paper delivered every week and, for some, the move to a digital format may be an issue. I have already met with the City’s Corporate Communications Department to request assistance with communications to these residents. We are working on a solution and will let you know in the coming few months.
Starting the week of January 15, my strategy will be as follows:
- My column will be posted every Monday on www.eliel-chantiry.ca (the first column being posted on January 15)
- A hard copy of the latest column will be posted on the bulletin board at my ward office. Residents wanting their own hard copy can stop by my ward office and my staff will gladly print off a copy
- My column will be posted every Monday on my social media accounts. Please follow me on Twitter (@Eli_ElChantiry) and subscribe to my Councillor Facebook Page (facebook.com/Ward5Ottawa)
- I will also continue my monthly e-newsletter. If you haven’t already done so, sign up to receive the newsletter in your inbox. Either email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to be added to the mailing list, or complete the sign up form on my website’s home page
- Any community groups who want help promoting their events going forward, can send event details to email@example.com and we’ll make sure to include it under the “Ward Events” section of my website and post it on my social media accounts
I would like to extend my heartfelt thanks to all of the staff at the West Carleton Review for their excellent coverage of news and events in Ward 5, and I wish them all the best in their future endeavours.