Tree Canada developed Operation ReLeaf – Ottawa-Gatineau Tornadoes program following the September 2018 tornadoes. This program provides up to $300 to reimburse landowners for tree planting on private property to replace forest cover. They have opened a second application period which closes August 31 for trees that to be planted this fall. Link to apply: www.treecanada.ca/operationreleaf/ottawa-gatineau.
Culvert replacement work in Ward 5 is ongoing until December 2019. Culverts at each site listed below should take about 1 to 3 weeks to complete. Residents in the nearby areas will receive notice of the pending work:
• Thomas A. Dolan Parkway about .8 km east of Dunrobin Road
• Thomas A. Dolan Parkway about .01 km west of Sixth Line Road
• Carp Road about 1.4 km north of Thomas A. Dolan Parkway
• Ferry Road about .06 km north of Galetta Side Road
• Ferry Road (lining) about 0.30 km north of Galetta Side Road
• Ferry Road about .12 km north of Aylwin Road
• Ferry Rd about 1.2 km north of Badhams Side Road
• Thomas A. Dolan Parkway about 1.17 km east of Carp Road
• Kinburn Side Road just west of Diamondview Road
• Kinburn Side Road just west east of Diamondview Road
• Carp Road about 1.10 km south of Thomas A. Dolan Parkway
• Constance Creek Drive just north of Thomas A. Dolan Parkway
• John Shaw Road about 1.65 km north of Kinburn Side Road
• John Shaw Road about 1.9 km north of Kinburn Side Road
• Howie Road just south of March Road
• Rochon Way just east of Dunrobin Road
• Diamondview Road about .46 km north of Baird Side Road
Back to school
With school starting soon, drivers need to slow down, as there will be many kids trying to get to and from school safely. Vehicle owners can be fined from $400 to $2,000 and 6 demerit points if their car illegally passes a stopped school bus. If you witness an offence, call the Ottawa Police to report it: 613-236-1222 ext. 7300. Wishing all students a successful year!
A new school year also brings increased traffic and ridership on OC Transpo. Plan your commute with this in mind. Visit www.ottawa.ca for the latest traffic updates. Visit www.octranspo.com to plan your trip. Be aware that many of the park and ride lots fill up quickly. Spaces are on a first come, first serve basis. Illegally parked cars will be ticketed.